Skip to main content

(Yat-Kha) Will You Go, Lassie, Go




Now, I have heard some versions in my time, and always been fond of Japp Blanc, but this cover version of the Corries - Go Lassie Go by Alber Kuvezin throat singer, is just fantastic. 
Especially since I just arrived back to The Bonnie Banks o' Loch Lomond oh, and how bonny Scotland is!  This cover is a beast, what a tribute. A super cover. 

Lyrics
O the summer time has comeAnd thr trees are sweetly bloomin'The wild mountain thymeGrows around the bloomin' heatherWill ye go lassie go?

refrain:And we'll all go togetherTo pull wild mountain thymeAll around the bloomin' heatherWill ye go lassie go?
I will build my love a bowerBy yon cool crystal fountainAnd around it I will pileAll the wild flowers o' the mountainWill ye go lassie go?
refrainI will range through the wilesAnd the deep glen sae drearyAnd return wi' their spoilsTae the bower o' my dearieWill ye go lassie go
refrainIf my true love she'll not comeThen I'll surely find anotherTo pull wild mountain mountain thymeAll around the bloomin' heatherWill ye go lassie go